Summer is in full swing, and these Patriotic Mini Fruit Pizzas are the perfect sweet treat to enjoy poolside!
These ‘pizzas’ are simple sugar cookies, topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit. For festive flair, why not use pretty summer fruit in reds, and blue such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and a few blackberries? Decorate each cookie any way you like!
These Patriotic Mini Fruit Pizzas are simple to make, fresh, and fun! Enjoy them all summer long with friends, and family.
Patriotic Mini Fruit Pizzas
Makes 24 cookie pizzas
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Fruit Toppings: 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- To a medium mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugars until completely combined. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt and gently stir just until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator. Shape dough into walnut sized balls and place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies from baking sheet to a cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
- While cookies are cooling on rack, whip together all frosting ingredients, adding more or less milk if the mixture is too creamy or too stiff.
- Using a spoon, spread a generous dollop of cream cheese frosting to cookies. Top with fresh fruit in any fashion you like. Refrigerate until ready to serve!