Peach Glazed Jumbo Shrimp: The perfect party bite for the Big Game – a fusion of North vs. South. Let guests bring other tasty nibbles, while you wow them with this game-winning dish!
There is nothing more fun to me this time of year than having friends over for the Big Game. Truth be told, I’m not the biggest football fan, but our friends are. And nothing makes me happier than feeding the masses with a variety of football bites, perfect for a little homegating.
Impress your friends with a dish that honors both teams for this year’s game! Fresh Jumbo Shrimp for the seafood that is New England, glazed with sweet peach preserves inspired by Atlanta – no matter who you’re rooting for, everyone can agree this dish most definitely deserves to win. Go Team!
Peach Glazed Shrimp
Makes 12-15 skewers (30 total)
- 1 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled (tails on), deveined
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup peach preserves or jam
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Add the garlic, sweet paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Add the olive oil and peach preserves. Toss again to combine, making sure the shrimp is well coated.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, soak 12-15 small wood skewers in water (this is so skewers won’t burn once they have heat).
3. Remove from the shrimp from the fridge. Thread 2-3 shrimp on each damp skewer.
4. Lightly brush a cast iron griddle or grill-pan, with oil. Heat over medium-high. Once hot, add skewers to pan, and grill the shrimp skewers for 5-7 minutes, turning over once halfway through. Do not overcrowd the pan. May need to make skewers in batches.
5. Once done (shrimp will be pink), place the shrimp skewers on a serving platter – enjoy!