Satisfy your sweet tooth with these lightened up yogurt parfaits loaded with fresh fruit, light and airy angel food cake, and protein-packed Greek yogurt!
Traditionally parfaits are made with pound cake or brownies, then layered with ice cream. And while the classic recipe is delicious, you can enjoy this sweet treat just as much with a few lighter swaps. Literally, you can have your cake and eat it too.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, these parfaits are the perfect dessert after a dinner for two – serve them in wine glasses for presentation. If you have little ones at home, these are a fun dessert to make together in the kitchen, too!
Fresh Fruity Yogurt Parfaits
Serves 2 (will have leftover angel food cake)
- 1 box angel food cake mix (follow package directions when preparing cake)
- 1 cup fresh fruit of choice (for today’s recipe, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries were used)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
1. Slice angel food cake into 2-inch cubes then divide cubes in half.
2. Layer each glass in the following order: 2 heaping tablespoons of Greek yogurt, a handful of cubed cake, fresh berries. Layer two more times.
3. You can repeat this recipe as necessary, to make extra parfaits, if desired. Enjoy!