The season of all things pumpkin is officially upon us. It’s time to bake with love, host gatherings and celebrate all the fall season has to offer us. Today I’m sharing one of my seasonal go-to recipes, chocolate chip sweet pumpkin bread. I call it sweet pumpkin bread because it is a tad sweeter than traditional pumpkin bread and I prefer to serve it as a cake instead of a loaf. This sweet treat is easy to make and a sure win with guests. Hosting a fall themed soiree? Gearing up for football season with your favorites? This recipe is a must try. Grab the recipe details below and be sure to bookmark it.
CHOCOLATE CHIP SWEET PUMPKIN BREAD
Yield: 1 Bundt Loaf
- 1 (15oz) can of puree pumpkin
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3.5 cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (use as desired)
- Stand Mixer –This mixer I highly recommend, it doesn’t take up much counter space and does the job perfectly.
- Mixing bowl
- Bundt and muffin pan
- Variety of measuring cups
- In a mixing bowl (or stand mixer bowl) combine pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and sugar until blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients: baking soda, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice, and chocolate chips.
- Slowly combine both wet and dry mixtures together.
- Butter a bundt cake pan.
- Pour batter into bundt cake pan and pour any extra batter into a muffin pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve warm and enjoy!