Happy 2018! There’s no better way to celebrate the New Year, and National Bloody Mary Day, than by sipping on a classic Bloody Mary Cocktail, with a twist!
A spicy homemade Bloody Mary cocktail mix with Sriracha and horseradish, plus a ton of fun garnishes for topping your drink! Complete it with a spicy salt-rimmed glass for extra flavor.
Bloody Marys are so easy to make, and the perfect way to start off the new year with friends or family. They’re also a tasty accompaniment to a New Year’s Day brunch, or lazy day off from work, as we begin a fresh new year. Cheers, friends!
Bloody Mary Cocktail with Sriracha
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) vodka
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon creamy horseradish
- 3 dashes Sriracha (or Tabasco, if preferred)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- About ½ – ¾ cup ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lime wedge
- Golden Door Gourmet Salts or creole seasoning mix, for garnish
- green olives, for garnish
- cooked bacon, for garnish
- celery stalk, for garnish
- In an old-fashioned glass, stir together tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, Sriracha sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Place gourmet salt on a small plate, or ramekin. Run a lime slice around the rim, and dip into the seasoning.
- Fill glass with ice, then pour mixture into second glass. Pour back and forth 3-4 times to mix well, then sprinkle lemon juice over. Garnish with celery stalk, bacon, and green olives. Sip immediately