Fluffy marshmallow and chocolate chips are baked together to make this ooey-gooey s’mores dip!
As much as I love a classic s’more, I don’t always want to set up a campfire just for a treat. And try as I might, microwaved s’mores don’t really cut it.
But it’s National S’mores Day, and we have to celebrate! A chocolatey S’mores Dip is the perfect way to do so. This dip is baked in the oven using a cast iron skillet (will stand up to the heat) to melt chocolate chips, and marshmallows into one gooey s’more goodness! Using graham crackers as the vessel to your dip ties this fun dessert together. This dip is SO good, everyone will want more!
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 17 jet-puffed marshmallows
- graham cracker squares, for dipping
- Adjust rack to center position of oven and place 12-inch cast iron skillet on rack. Preheat oven to 450°F with skillet inside. Once oven is preheated, use a potholder to remove hot skillet from the oven. Place pat of butter in the skillet and use a potholder to hold the handle and swirl the skillet so that the melted butter coats the bottom and sides. Pour chocolate chips in an even layer into the bottom of the skillet. Taking care not to burn fingers on the sides of the skillet, arrange marshmallow halves over the surface of the chocolate chips, covering the chocolate completely. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted to your preference.
- Use a potholder to remove the skillet from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with graham cracker squares or sticks.