Smooth hummus loaded with spices and creamy blue cheese, perfect for dipping with homemade pita chips or your favorite vegetables!
Tailgating, and homegating are my favorite ‘events’ this time of year, and nothing makes me happier than getting together with friends to watch football, and munch on snacks!
Buffalo flavored anything is a must for gameday gatherings, so why not take a classic hummus recipe, and kick it up a notch?!
I love to add in a few generous tablespoons of Santina’s Rojo Sauce! It gives this Buffalo Hummus Dip just enough kick for a flavorful Buffalo-inspired gameday dish! Feel free to serve this hummus as-is, or top with a few garnishes of blue cheese crumbles, and sliced green onions.
This Buffalo Hummus Dip is perfect to prep ahead for a tailgate before kickoff time (stored in a cooler, of course), or as part of a tasty spread from the comfort of your couch.
Buffalo Hummus Dip
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup water (or 2 tablespoons water + 2 tablespoons olive oil)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4-6 tbsp hot sauce, to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- (optional garnish toppings: olive oil, thinly-sliced green onions,crumbled blue cheese, extra hot sauce)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender (*starting with only 4 tablespoons of hot sauce, if you don’t like much heat). Pulse until combined. Taste, and add more hot sauce to taste, if desired.
- Garnished with optional toppings if desired. Serve with your favorite chips, veggies, and other dippers – enjoy!