We are a family that LOVES pasta! And what makes it even better is the chance to mix up the flavor profiles and cook with good ingredients and truly great cookware! I’ve been using the Ming Tsai 10 piece set lately, and it makes getting dinner on the table SO easy. NOTHING sticks to it, and instead the meals slide right out of the pan while clean up is a breeze. In my book, that’s a definite win-win.
Another tool to keep in your kitchen arsenal is a garlic press and rub away bar. Garlic is such a great addition for meals, both for taste and for health, but sometimes it can be difficult to use. With a press, get that minced garlic into your food easily, and the rub away bar can quickly take away any lingering garlic scent from your hands.
If chopping, slicing or cutting is on the menu, then get a cutting board that can hold your knives, catch the droppings and juices and also stay in place while you work… it’s a must-have kitchen upgrade and makes cooking that much easier! The Simply Ming Bamboo Non-Skid Cutting Board with Knife Station does it all.
So, now that we know what will help you in the kitchen… let’s help you with this delicious recipe too!!
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
1 box thin spaghetti pasta
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or Simply Beyond Spray-On Herbs® Garlic)
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 small can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
balsamic glaze or tomato sauce, to serve (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a skillet and season chicken breasts with herbs garlic powder and salt and pepper. Cook chicken breasts over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 6 minutes each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil to the same pan and saute minced garlic for about 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes and toss lightly to warm and combine.
5. Mix the tomato mixture with the pasta, add in balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Slice the chicken and add to pasta.
7. Serve hot or cold!
Optional: add more parmesan cheese and balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar reduced over medium heat until thickened, can add sugar as well).
Served hot for dinner, or even as a perfect cold pasta salad for summer, this Bruschetta Chicken Pasta should be on your next meal plan list!!