An easy (and tasty!) recipe for Valentine’s Day; this Sweetheart bark is filled with rich chocolate, festive pink swirls, lots of little conversation hearts, and sprinkles – for good measure! With Valentine’s Day upon us, nothing is sweeter for your “sweetie”, than a tasty treat like this Sweetheart bark.
This candy bark will no doubt be the easiest treat you make, and it’s a sweet surprise for the classroom, co-workers, and loved ones alike. Who wouldn’t want to receive a delectable piece or two of this bark on Valentine’s Day?!
Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Bark
Yield: 1 pound of candy bark
- 6 ounces white chocolate melts
- 2 ounces pink candy melts
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Candy hearts and sprinkles for garnish/topping
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Melt the white chocolate and pink candy melts together. Use a double boiler or microwave. If using microwave, stir the chocolate every 20 seconds to help avoid clumping. Set aside.
3. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate (you can do this in the microwave, or by using a double boiler, on your stove-top). Pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread out into a large rectangle. Drizzle the white chocolate mixture on top in lines. Use a butter knife to swirl the layers together. Add candy hearts, and sprinkles on top of melted chocolate.
4. Place the baking sheet in your refrigerator to set, and chill for 45-60 minutes, until chocolate hardens.
5. Remove the bark from the refrigerator and transfer to a cutting board. Cut the bark into pieces. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.
Looking for a lighter sweet treat this Valentine’s Day? Whip up a batch of Fresh Fruity Yogurt Parfaits, instead!