Make the most of both cherry season, and watermelon season with margaritas made with fresh produce, lime, and tequila.
I could eat plain cherries all summer long, so adding them to a fun and festive cocktail with fresh, seedless watermelon and tequila is a no-brainer! These Cherry Watermelon Margaritas are perfect for a little patio sipping as the sun goes down.
With just four simple, and fresh ingredients, you’ll want to enjoy these margs all season long. In most of my margaritas, I love adding fresh lime juice. For these Cherry Watermelon Margaritas, I opted to blend in both lime, and orange juice for citrus, and flavor.
If you’ve never pitted a cherry, it can be as simple as using a straw, or even a chopstick! Simply use either tool and poke through the stem, and the pit will pop out. Make sure to do this before tossing all ingredients into your blender.
I find that the fruit in this bevvy is sweet enough, but if after you concoct this cocktail, you’d like a little extra sweetness, stir in a bit of agave to taste – cheers!
Cherry Watermelon Margaritas
- 1½ cups watermelon, cubed
- ¾ cup cherries, pits removed
- 3-4 tbsp freshly squeezed citrus (lime, lemon, orange, etc)
- ⅓ cup tequila
- 1-2 tbsp agave nectar, to taste (optional)
- To a blender, add all ingredients, and puree until smooth
- Adjust tequila and agave to taste
- Serve over ice in your favorite glasses, with a salted rim and extra cherries!