Looking for a new way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers? Make a batch of Waffle Sandwiches!
The first way I love to use up Thanksgiving leftovers is to just make a bowl of everything, and dig on in. But by the second day, I need new, and creative ways to enjoy my leftovers, so they don’t go to waste.
Taking said leftovers, and using in a waffle sandwich, reminds me of a Monte Cristo; savory, sweet, and crispy. I like to assemble these sammies, and bake to toast up a bit, and let the cream cheese melt into everything. While it’s definitely optional, sprinkling a bit of powdered sugar over each warm sandwich, is a nice little bonus, that I think is worth the step! These Turkey and Cranberry Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches will definitely kick your leftover game up a notch.
Leftovers are my favorite part of a Thanksgiving feast! I like to make sure I can really stretch everything for several days, after the main event. Using containers like GreenBoxes, help to ensure freshness! FreshPaper are also a great way to keep produce crisp, which means less waste.
The recipe below for these Turkey and Cranberry Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches is more about assembly. You can use any waffle recipe mix you like. Though, if you want a lightened up version that uses Greek yogurt – to balance out the leftovers, make a batch of these Greek Yogurt Waffles!
Turkey and Cranberry Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches
Serves 4 (makes 2 full sized waffles)
- 2 waffles, should separate into four quarters
- Leftover sliced turkey
- Leftover cranberry sauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- Greens (a spinach and arugula mix was used for this recipe)
- Powdered sugar, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare waffles according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Break the waffles into fourths. Smear cream cheese all over one side of the waffles, then spread cranberry sauce on top of that. Place slices of turkey on the cranberry sauce followed by leftover greens. Squeeze fresh lemon over greens. Top with another quarter of a waffle, then place the sandwich back on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Place the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until warmed through. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar, if desired, then serve.