Tender meat, with loads of hearty root vegetables and a tangy broth, make this meal-in-one the perfect weeknight dinner!
Dinners are all about easy this time of year, and prepping this pot roast in the morning, and coming home to a complete meal at dinnertime, is the perfect way to end a busy day. Bonus: Your home will smell amazing!
My favorite thing about this slow-cooker pot roast, is that it’s a complete meal using just one pot! From the tender roast, and filling veggies, to the instant broth from its own juices and onion seasonings, this one-pot meal will for sure become a weekly staple for dinner!
Homestyle Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 3-lb chuck roast
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1½ lbs potatoes (any variety, but small red baby potatoes are suggested)
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- To your slow-cooker, place half the potatoes and carrots on the bottom of the pot.
- Next, place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables.
- Place remaining vegetables, and garlic cloves on top and around the chuck roast.
- Pour dry onion soup mix and water over the top.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for at least 8 hours, preferably 10, until fork tender.
- Shred meat slightly with two forks, serve hot.