Peanut Butter is so tasty on its own, that it’s no surprise there is a national food holiday devoted to this spread. Celebrate National Peanut Butter Day with a trio of amazing peanut butter recipes!
Two clean-eating recipes, that are great for everyday eats, or a festive weekend brunch, with one indulgent dessert (hello, #balance!) will have you running out to stock up on your favorite brand of peanut butter!
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
These Peanut Butter Energy Bites are perfect first thing in the morning with your favorite mug of coffee, or post-workout when you need a little energy, but not a complete meal. What I love most about these energy bites, as that there is no baking involved, and can be stored in the refrigerator for easy grab and go all week long!
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (cacao nibs will also work)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- To a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, and stir. Chill in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes (this will make the batter easier to roll).
- Remove from refrigerator. Roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Peanut Butter Cup Chia Seed Pudding
Have you ever made a pudding using chia seeds? Packed with superfoods like flax seeds, raw honey (you can also use maple syrup), and of course chia seeds, making two kinds of pudding to mix together will have you dreaming of peanut butter cups, with zero guilt!
This Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding is a great make-ahead breakfast any day of the week. But it’s also a great weekend set-up’ display in your favorite barware for a festive look!
- ½ cup chia seeds, divided
- 2 cups almond milk (or cow’s milk, or water)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl bowl, add 5½ tablespoons chia seeds, 1⅓ cups milk, cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add 2½ tablespoons chia seeds, ⅔ cup milk, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla, ½ teaspoon salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Place both bowls in the fridge. Let them sit overnight, or at a minimum 4 hours.
- To arrange, scoop desired amount of chocolate chia seed pudding into a cup or bowl, top with a scoop of peanut butter chia seed pudding, then another chocolate layer. Garnish with your favorite toppings, if desired.
Peanut Butter Brownie Sandwiches
Raise your hand if you love Peanut Butter Frosting? If you’re going to indulge, do it RIGHT. Sandwiched between two brownie ‘cookies’, these Peanut Butter Brownie Sandwiches are SO fun, and sweet.
You can make your brownie rounds using your favorite brownie recipe, or by picking up a box of mix at the grocery. The recipe below is crafted using a boxed mix – enjoy!
Makes 10 sandwiches
- 1 box brownie mix
- ⅔ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 eggs
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. To a mixing bowl, whisk brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs. Whisk approx 50 times.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, drop 1 tbsp dollops onto baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool 2 minutes. Transfer to a cooling grid after 2 minutes. Repeat to make 20 rounds.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- Place all ingredients except the cream in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 5 minutes on high, or until creamy. Scrape down the sides as you go. Add the cream then beat for a further 2 minutes, or until the frosting is fluffy.
- Spread Peanut Butter frosting on a cookie, then sandwich with another cookie. Repeat until complete.