Mix up your morning routine with a fresh and fluffy, tropical batch of Coconut Mango Muffins! These Coconut Mango Muffins are easy to make ahead, and perfect for your weekday breakfast, or even a weekend brunch (with a mimosa bar, of course).
I love to layer these muffins with freshly diced mango, then top with batter and shredded coconut. After baking, I like to toss extra coconut shreds on top for an extra pop of color!
These flavors come together for one tasty breakfast bite, with little effort!
Coconut Mango Muffins
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup mango, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar. In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Gently combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Evenly divide the diced mango between each muffin cup. Spoon batter into each muffin cup, over diced mango, about ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp shredded coconut, to each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool for 10 minutes inside the tin. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Top with additional coconut flakes, if desired.