A protein packed salad, with fresh Mediterranean flavors; this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is the perfect dish to try right now!
Filling quinoa, mixed with cool cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, and chickpeas, tossed in a fresh lemon and oil vinaigrette will be just the meal you need to help survive the crazy season of the holiday hustle!
What I love most about this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is that you can prep everything in advance, and toss when you’re ready to eat! It’s the perfect bowl on it’s own, or a great side to a plate of protein.
The Lemon and Oil Vinaigrette is light, and tangy, and the perfect dressing to toss together. I used avocado oil for today’s recipe, but any light tasting oil will work, such as extra-virgin olive oil. Whisked together with dried herbs, fresh parsley, and lemon, this is a great vinaigrette for just about anything!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Serves 4 as a meal
Serves 6-8 as a side dish
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- ⅓ cup English cucumber, diced
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, torn from stem
- ½ cup avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Prep the vinaigrette by whisking the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, dill and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- To a large serving bowl, add the quinoa, chickpeas, veggies, parsley, kalamata olives and feta cheese. Mix to combine.
- Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with extra parsley and feta, if desired.