Mix things up this weekend and try out these mexican chicken fajita bowls! Packed with flavor, this healthier twist on your favorite dish is sure to please.
MEXICAN CHICKEN FAJITA BOWL
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, divided
- 1 can (28 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 small yellow (or red) onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (brown rice, or other grain of choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado for garnish, optional
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken breast, garlic, onion and bell pepper in oil until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine, beans, corn, and cilantro, with remaining lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In serving bowls, layer chicken mixture, bean mixture, and cooked quinoa (or rice). Top bowls with avocado, and a lime wedge, if desired. Dig in! Serves 4.