Start your morning off right with a healthy and delicious breakfast. Greek yogurt waffles are fluffy, while staying crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside.
Waffles in the morning may sound time consuming, but they’re actually very simple to make from scratch. All you need are a few simple, wholesome ingredients and a waffle maker! You can even make a batch of these Greek Yogurt Waffles ahead of time, and reheat in the oven.
I like to add half a cup of plain Greek yogurt in lieu of oil or butter, which is what traditional homemade waffles call for. Swapping in Greek yogurt provides extra protein and probiotics, which makes me feel a little better about an extra splash of syrup before digging in.
Greek Yogurt Waffles
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup milk (2% suggested)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (you may substitute honey if you like)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat your waffle maker. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, Greek yogurt, and maple syrup.
2. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to bowl. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
3. Grease your waffle maker and cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Top with your favorite fresh fruit, maple syrup, or even an extra dollop of Greek yogurt on top.