Celebrate National PB&J Day with a batch of Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn – It’s sweet and salty, crunchy and fun!
Peanut Butter and Jelly is such a classic (and yummy) combo, that naturally it would have its own food holiday. But why not elevate those classic flavors by mixing them together, into a batch of hot popcorn? The flavor is out of this world, which makes for an extra sweet treat!
The trick to getting both the peanut butter, and jelly to stick to your popcorn is a little bit of melted white chocolate added to the mix.
Serves 4-6 (as a snack)
- 8 cups popped popcorn (approx 1/4 cup kernels)
- 1 cup white chocolate, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp grape jelly (any flavor you like is fine)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Divide popcorn into two separate bowls (approx 4 cups/bowl).
- To a double boiler, melt 1/2 cup white chocolate. Stir in peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Pour over 1 bowl of the popcorn. Use a rubber spatula to mix well and coat evenly. Spread onto parchment paper, and let cool.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate. Once melted, stir in grape jelly. Stir until smooth. Pour over the other bowl of popcorn, and stir with rubber spatula to coat evenly. Spread onto parchment paper, and let cool. May take up to 1 hour to cool completely.
- Once both batches of popcorn are cooled, mix them both together in a bowl – enjoy!