Grilled Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Wraps – grilled chicken topped with tart pineapple, and a tangy teriyaki sauce, wrapped in soft pita bread. A perfect quick and tasty summertime dish!
Everything about these pita wraps screams summer! Grilling pineapple helps to really bring out the natural sweetness from the fruit. Layered with savory, juicy grilled chicken, and this is sure to be a go-to staple all summer long – perfect for the weekend with friends, or even for weekday meals.
It’s fun to serve all the makings on a platter, and let everyone assemble their own wraps, if you’re feeding friends on the weekend. Plus, less time you’re in the kitchen, is always a bonus.
I like to add crisp lettuce, and slices of purple onion for texture. You could also add tomato slices, if you like – enjoy!
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Wraps
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders, pounded thin (about ½ inch thick)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4-6 pieces lettuce, torn
- 8 sliced pineapple rings
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 pita wraps
- 2-3 tbsp sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink).
- Layer wraps with lettuce, 2 pineapple rings, and red onion. Top with a grilled chicken breast tender.. Top with teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.