This Slow-Cooked Brisket and Butternut Squash is the perfect dish to serve on a cool Fall or Winter evening. Juicy brisket, sweet butternut squash and potatoes, tangy garlic and rich wine sauce, serve at a dinner party and be dubbed a brisket connoisseur!
Slow-Cooked Brisket and Butternut Squash
- 2 ½ – 3 lbs beef brisket, fat trimmed
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ onion, sliced
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1. Evenly sprinkle salt, pepper, and ~2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over beef brisket.
2. In a crockpot, add in the brisket, beef broth, and red wine. Set on high for 6-7 hours.
3. When brisket is about 30 minutes to an hour from being finished, add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, onions, shallots, and garlic to a large pot/Dutch oven over low to medium heat. Saute about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes, covered, or until both are slightly firm, but cooked through. Turn off heat and set aside, covered.
5. Once brisket is cooked, remove and slice thinly with a knife. Serve on a platter surrounded by vegetables.