Spring is in the air, and Easter is just around the corner. So why not celebrate the season with a fun batch of Chocolate Covered Strawberries, that look like festive little carrots?!
You can make a pint of strawberries, dipped in orange chocolate melts, and call it a day, since they’re cute as is, but why stop there? Make fun little cups of “dirt” using chocolate pudding and crushed cookies for a wow presentation.
Your Chocolate Covered Carrot Strawberries will be a welcome treat this spring – for adults, and kids alike!
Chocolate Covered Carrot Strawberries
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 12-ounce bag of orange candy melts
- 1 tbsp vegetable shortening
- Parchment Paper
- Plastic sandwich bag and scissors
Carrot Pudding Cups
- crushed oreos
- 1 large box chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 10-12 clear cups
- Melt vegetable shortening on a double boiler until clear, add 3/4 bag of candy melts, and mix well. Once candy coating is completely smooth, remove from heat (tip: the shortening assists in making sure the candy melts are smooth for dipping).
- Hold bowl of melted chocolate at an angle. Grab strawberries by the stem and dip both sides in the chocolate and place on your parchment paper. Continue doing this for all strawberries. Let strawberries cool until hardened.
- Take a sandwich bag and cut the tip of one end for drizzle. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 1/4 bag of candy melts in double boiler on low stirring constantly. When done pour the chocolate into the un-cut side of the baggie. Using a dish towel, squeeze the chocolate to the other side (it will be hot if you just use your hands) and gently drizzle the chocolate from side to side over the strawberries on the parchment paper. Let set.
- While strawberries cool, prepare dirt cups: Prepare pudding cups by adding 2 tbsp crushed oreos to the bottom of each cup.
- To a large bowl, whisk 3 cups milk with pudding mix. Whisk 2 minutes by hand. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Pour pudding into cup over crushed oreos. Top with more crushed oreos.
- Place strawberry in center.
- Dig right in, or refrigerate until ready to serve.