An easy (and tasty!) recipe for the holidays; this Peppermint Bark is filled with rich milk chocolate, smooth white chocolate, and lots of crushed peppermint candy canes sprinkled throughout!
This bark will no doubt be the easiest treat you make, and it’s a sweet surprise for the classroom, co-workers, family and friends!
For this recipe, I snagged candy melts and used a double boiler, but chocolate chips will work just fine. This Peppermint Bark is party perfect!
Makes 1 pound
- 8 ounces high-quality semi-sweet chocolate bar (candy melts work too)
- 8 ounces high-quality white chocolate bar
- 12 peppermint candies, crushed
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate. Use a double boiler or microwave. If using a microwave, stir the chocolate every 20 seconds to help avoid clumping.
- Pour the melted chocolate on the prepared pan. Spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until completely hardened, about 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate. Use a double boiler or microwave. If using a microwave, stir the chocolate every 20 seconds to help avoid clumping.
- Pour the white chocolate directly over the chocolate layer; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy over the top and gently press in.
- Refrigerate until completely hardened. Remove from pan, and using a knife, break into small pieces. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.