Nothing beats grilling up a plate of skewers in the summer! The only thing better is having a variety to choose from. How about three?
Today, I’m sharing three versatile and delicious kabobs to grill all season long: Steak Kabobs with Chimichurri Sauce, Maple and Sriracha Glazed Chicken Kabobs, and Veggie Skewers to round it all out.
These kabobs are great for grilling on the weekend, and sharing with friends; they’re also perfect for the week ahead for a bit of easy meal prep!
Steak Kabobs with Chimichurri Sauce
Makes 6 skewers
- 1 1/4 pounds beef, (sirloin suggested) cut into 1-inch cubes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into large chunks
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 2 packed tbsp parsley, finely chopped (no stems)
- 2 packed tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- Season the cubed meat with salt and pepper.
- Make the chimichurri: combine the red onion, vinegar, salt and olive oil and let it marinate for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix; set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use (can be made a few hours ahead of time too).
- Thread the onions, beef and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Prepare the grill on high heat. Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a platter and top with chimichurri sauce.
Maple and Sriracha Glazed Chicken Kabobs
Makes 6 skewers
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 fresh pineapple, diced into 1-inch cubes
Maple Sriracha Glaze:
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To a small saucepan, whisk pineapple juice, maple syrup,, sriracha, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and simmer for approximately 25 minutes, to reduce. This will give it a sauce-like consistency.
- Thread the skewers with cubed chicken, and pineapple chunks. Add salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Place the skewers on the grill for 2-3 minutes. Rotate, then brush with the maple sriracha glaze and grill another 2-3 minutes. Rotate once more, then brush with glaze again, and grill another 2-3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Makes 6-8 skewers
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano and basil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Thread mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash onto skewers. Brush olive oil mixture onto the skewers and let sit for 15 minutes. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place skewers on grill for 7-10 minutes, flipping once, until veggies are tender.