With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, who couldn’t use a unique twist on the classic margarita? But how about THREE?!
The trick to crafting the perfect cocktail made with tequila is using fresh juice. Citrus is the way to go with fun, and tasty garnishes. A Mexican Sunset or Champagne Margarita are just so perfect for Cinco de Mayo.
If you’re excited to celebrate with friends this week, but want to forgo a boozy beverage, I’ve got you covered with a pretty, and refreshing Paloma Mocktail. Everyone will win with this faux drink!
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz peach schnapps
- 6 oz orange juice
- 2 oz grenadine
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Orange slices, for garnish
- To a shaker or large glass, pour tequila, peach schnapps, and orange juice over ice.
- Cover, and shake.
- Fill two glasses with ice and pour mixture over the ice.
- Slowly pour grenadine down the side of each glass so that it will fall to the bottom.
- Garnish with cherries, and orange slice, if desired.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1 bottle champagne
- lime wedges, for rim
- salt, for rim
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir well.
- Run lime wedges around the rim of each champagne flute and dip the rims in coarse salt.
- Divide margaritas between flutes and garnish with lime wedges.
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice (about 1 large grapefruit, juiced)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup club soda
- Lime wedges, or rinds, for garnish
- To a shaker or large glass, pour grapefruit juice, lime juice, and honey over ice. Shake well.
- Pour half of the grapefruit mixture into each glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with lime.