Happy National Pie Day! Celebrate accordingly with a one of a kind, comforting recipe that is one part pie, and one part playoff ready. This Buffalo Chicken Pie is the perfect way to enjoy all things football this weekend, while rooting on your favorite team!
- ¼ cup blue cheese or ranch dressing (depending on preference)
- ¼ cup red pepper hot sauce
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cup shredded chicken, cooked
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened per box instructions
- 3-4 stalks of green onion, for garnish
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing, red pepper hot sauce and cream cheese until well blended. Add chicken to sauce mixture. Add in mozzarella cheese, and diced celery, and mix well.
- Line a pie pan with one of the pie crusts. Pour chicken mixture into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second pie crust from box and flute; cut slits in center of pie to allow steam.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until edge is golden brown. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes before serving (this will allow filling to set). Garnish with green onion and bleu cheese crumbles, if desired.
How will you celebrate National Pie Day?