Celebrate National Cheeseburger Day and float away to a paradise of flavor with this Margaritaville burger recipe. Try your burger “Island style” with a specialty Calypso rub and jerk marinade or enjoy it “classic-style” with a sweet-n-spicy BBQ sauce. No matter which style you steer to it’s bound to be a delicious retreat!
Makes: 4 burgers
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 to 12 min
- 28 ounces USDA choice beef chuck diced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon Margaritaville BBQ or Calypso Rub
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce, for topping
- 4 slices tomato, ¼-inch thick, for topping
- Ketchup, for topping
- 4 kosher pickle spears, for serving
- French fries, for serving
1. Preheat the grill to high. Using a meat grinder with a 3/8-inch plate, grind the beef. Change to a 1/8-inch plate and grind a second time. Shape the ground beef into four 7-ounce burger patties.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the kosher salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, celery salt and Margaritaville BBQ or Calypso Rub. Mix well. Season both sides of each burger patty with the salt mixture.
3. Place the burger patties on the hot grill. For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Flip the burgers only once during cooking. Add the cheese during the last minute of cooking and close the grill cover or tent the burgers with aluminum foil to melt the cheese.
4. Serve the burgers on Melamine Leaf Serving Trays with the toasted buns; top with lettuce, tomato slices and ketchup, and secure with a wooden toothpick. Serve with pickle spears and French fries on individual Fins Right, Fins Left Dinner Plates.
What’s your favorite topping for a cheeseburger?