Week 8 Recap – HSN Football Fan Shop
First & foremost, our utmost thoughts go out to all of those who were affected by the devastation Hurricane Sandy caused this past week in the Northeast. If there’s one thing our country has shown over the course of the past several years when it comes to acts of mother nature to this degree, it’s our ability to band together and help one another. This current situation will be no different. If there’s one thing that will bring some solace and moments of happiness during this time of cleanup and sadness, it will no doubt be the power of football and the NFL.
HSN Power Poll – Week 7
1. Atlanta – Here’s your stat of the week. Of the teams that start 7-0 to start the season, 50% of those make it to the “Big Game.” Guess who’s now 7-0??
2. Houston – No movement here as the AFC’s best team was on the bye. They should be well rested for this week’s home matchup with former Texan Mario Williams and the Buffalo Bills.
3. New York (NFC) – Well, they didn’t need Eli to mount a big comeback effort in the 4th Quarter, but they did manage to hold on and win yet another close game. That and the fact that they got some redemption from their week 1 loss to the ‘Boys in East Rutherford.
4. Chicago – Now at 6-1, it’s pretty safe to say the Bears are “For Real.” Another defensive TD and another meltdown by Cam Newton & the Panthers has Chicago atop the NFC north.
5. New England – Be it in the States or Across the Pond, par for the course for these Pats who hung a 45 spot on the overmatched Rams. Now with a 10 day layoff, New England can get well equipped for the Bills in 2 weeks.
The Next 5
7. Green Bay
* Time for our Halfway thru the Season Superlatives:
* AFC Top Team – Houston
* NFC Top Team – Atlanta
* AFC Surprise Team – Indy
* AFC Most Disappointing Team – San Diego
* NFC Surprise Team – Minnesota
* NFC Most Disappointing Team – Carolina
* Offensive MVP – Matt Ryan
* Defensive MVP – JJ Watt
* Top Rookie - Alfred Morris
* Last week we saw the oh so not pretty Steeler throwback uni’s. This week however, the Washington Redskins give us a clean, classic look from yesteryear.
* For those of you that questioned whether or not Peyton Manning would be the same old Peyton this year for the Broncos, I think the verdict is in. Atop the AFC West Division Standings and the top QB Rating in the League speaks for itself. #18 is in midseason form.
San Diego, GB, Detroit, Chicago, Denver, DC, Baltimore, Indy, Texans, Seattle, Oakland, NY-NFC, Atlanta, New Orleans
Last Week: 9-5
Overall Season Record: 74-43
So yes, the weather has OFFICIALLY changed wherever you might live. In fact, here in the Sunshine State it got down to a balmy 80 degrees the other day! Yes, my warmed blood is starting to feel the fall temps. That being the case, you can be assured we’ve got the apparel and throw blankets to keep you warm & toasty all season long. Catch a double dip of the Football Fan Shop this week, as on Sunday it’s a 2-Hour Block of Pigskin goodness starting at 5a with yours truly and Bears’ fan Brett Chuckerman. We follow that up on Monday with both 9a and 8p shows to make sure you’re outfitted in your favorite team’s gear!