Celebrate Beautiful You: Beauty & Health Tips from Colleen Lopez
Wow – What a year – It’s hard to believe we’re getting ready to say goodbye to 2010….The months have flown by!
For my final blog of the year, I wanted to take a moment to answer some of the questions I get asked most often about beauty and weight loss. I’ve always said I’m a “late bloomer” – and through LOTS of trial an error I have a few tips and tricks that have been working for me that may come in handy for you in the new year!
I also wanted to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your continued love and support. I feel connected to you, our viewers, in so many ways. We all want to feel great, look our best, and live our lives with passion!
Here’s wishing you a Holiday Season and New Year filled with joy, health, love, happiness and dreams coming true!
Many Blessings to you and yours,
We sell so many great beauty products on HSN, it’s temping to want to try them all!! Many of you had heard me say, that I’m a big “chicken” so needles and injectables are not part of my beauty routine (pain is not an option for me!). So here are the products I use and other tips for good skin care…
1. Stay out of the sun. Wear a hat, big sunglasses and lots of sunscreen – nothing ages us faster than the sun’s harmful rays.
2. Drink water – I drink a minimum of 7 bottles (16 oz each) a day. I believe staying hydrated keeps the skin glowing.
4. Morning SKin Care Routine
Serious Skin Care Vitamin C Cleanser
Lancome Renergie Lift Volumentry Face Cream and Lancome Renergie Lift Volumentry Eye Cream
Wei East Eyes Alive (for days when I wake up with puffy eyes!)
Losing weight is a constant battle for many of us – especially this time of the year!! Lately I’ve been finding some success thanks to some changes I’ve made in my diet. My best piece of advice is to “be easy on yourself”. Don’t set lofty goals….Just take one day at a time and try to make healthier choices.
1. Count Calories. I know this is boring – but it works. I try to keep my calories under 1,500 a day. I still can eat things I love, but in smaller amounts!
2. Don’t eat after 7:00 pm. This is a tip Jennifer Flavin Stallone gave me. She is so slender and keeps her gorgeous figure year in and year out. She said she doesn’t eat a big dinner – ever.
I started eating my big meal at lunch time (or mid afternoon) and I no longer have a big meal in the evening. If we go out to dinner (and it’s after 7:00) I order something very light (salad or something off the appetizer menu). I also use Andrew Lessman’s Secure Meal Replacements – Great for breakfast and when you have a craving for something sweet!
3. Apple Cider Vinegar. Another tip from Jennifer….I put one Tablespoon in a glass of water and sip it. It helps with appetite and also has many other health and cleansing benefits!
4. Skinny Cow. Have you heard of Skinny Cow Ice Cream Treats? They are low in calories and
delicious! I keep them in the freezer so If it’s later in the evening and I feel like a treat (my favorite is ice cream!) – I have a Skinny Cow – Yummy and guilt free!
5. Exercise. Find something you enjoy – walking, treadmills, yoga, dancing around the house….it doesn’t matter what we do as long as we get moving! I try to get 30 minutes a day (love my Malibu Pilates Chair!).
The most important thing we should all remember is that we’re all beautiful in our own special way! I truly believe that beauty comes from within – Celebrate the beautiful person you are everyday – and keep on shining in 2011!