Your Spring Fashion Style Upload
Do you remember the scene in The Devil Wears Prada, where Anne Hathaway is walking through Manhattan and her outfit changes with almost every step? That scene is enough to get any woman’s fashion juices flowing. The movie’s costume designer, Patricia Field, told me that the scene was never originally planned for the movie. If I’m going to be honest, that scene is the reason why I’ve watched the movie so many times I’ve lost count!
It came to mind as I was sitting at the Badgely Mischka Fall 2012 fashion show at NY Fashion week. I was in ‘investment mode’ as every model hit the runway, and one fabulous outfit after another floated past me. A new leather jacket, a wool coat, and a pair of boots – the show brought all of the things that we’ll be wearing for winters to come. But it’s spring, so what does that mean for your wardrobe?
Ladies, start your engines! Spring is the time to shake things up, experiment and take chances with our wardrobe and style. Be the leader of the style pack with spring’s must-have trends.
- Go Boldly – Color is everywhere! Step out as a trend master wearing color from head to toe, like an orange blouse with a fuchsia skirt. Too much color for you? A bright pair of jeans is all it takes.
- Be a Lady…Again – Demure, ladylike looks are everywhere. Add a classic satchel to your wardrobe, like those from Barr + Barr, and you’ll be headed in the right direction.
- Alter Ego – Take a style risk! The easiest way to do that is through your shoes. Colorful wedges, strapy heels, ankle strap platforms, the ‘shootie’…find it all at HSN.
- It’s All In the Eyes – No stylish woman would ever forget the new must-have accessory, would she? Sunglasses are the newest accessory rage. Whether it’s the new cat’s eye look, or the classic aviator, Robert Verdi has it all on HSN.
- Finishing Touches – Red lips, winged eyeliner, green nail polish…we need to finish the look. Deborah Lippmann is your one-stop-shop for the latest nail trends. Lancôme’s new ‘Rouge in Love’ lipstick will make you fall in love with a fully finished lip.
Which trend do you plan on trying? Go ahead, Spring Fashion means fun!
You can redefine your personal style without spending a fortune. See you on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. for the Style Report, all spring long!
Follow the conversation on Twitter every Wednesday at #StyleReport