Rarities Holiday Collection: Inspired by Gratitude, Love, Belief and Faith
When I think about the holiday season, what comes to my mind is gratitude. When I realize how truly fortunate I am to have my parents, siblings and children, along with my beloved friends, and all of you, the essence of the season sparkles with humility, gratefulness and admiration.
This year, the childhood verse that I often repeated as a young girl resonates with me now more than ever: “Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold.” So whether you are silver or gold, diamond, emerald, ruby or sapphire, thank you for taking a moment to accept my gratitude. The December Rarities collection features designs and jewels inspired by a season of love, thankfulness, belief and faith.
P.S. Here are my fail-proof holiday tips to get you through any jewelry pinch:
- Safety pins from my dry cleaning are the best fix. They are tiny and work great in a pinch if a clasp is broken. The safety pin is also great for getting out knots in a chain. Necklace too long and you need a 15 inch choker to complete your holiday look? Use the safety pin to shorten to your preferred length.
- Gold foil from a champagne cap is great in a pinch if a ring is too big. Wrap foil around band like I do for celebrities who lose weight before award shows and their borrowed rings are too big for their finger.
- Desperate to wear a pierced omega back earring and either your hole has closed or you don’t have pierced ears? Clip-off the post; it can always be professionally put back on.
- Lost your favorite earring? Put the other on a chain and wear it as a necklace.
- Need a short necklace for a 50’s look and you only have a long strand? Gently twist the necklace and use a brooch to secure the two ends. Wear the brooch in the middle for a more modern style or on the collarbone for a glamorous look.