Crafting with Jinger: Customize Your Wedding for a Very Special Day
I hope everyone’s summer is off to a great start. I love the month of June; sunny skies, more time outside, and… weddings. There is always so much to do if you are planning a wedding, whew! Did you know that Provo Craft has many different products that can help you prepare for your big day? Weddings have become more personalized and unique these days, with all the details reflecting the happy couples’ personalities and “story”.
Recently, I had so much fun creating some custom-made items for my friends’ reception. I was able to create one-of-a-kind napkins and placemats for the wedding dinner using the Provo Craft Yudu machine, and saved a lot of money at the same time. I was then able to coordinate the guest book using the Provo Craft YourStory machine, which took me less than an hour to make, and will be a lasting keepsake for my friend for years to come.
Monogrammed Placemats and Napkins Create unique placemats and napkins for your special day!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Time: 1 hour
Materials: Yudu® Personal Screen Printer, Yudu® 110 Mesh Screen, Yudu® Emulsion Sheet, Yudu® Ink, Black, Cricut® Personal Electronic Cutter, Cricut Cake® Elegant Cakes cartridge, Cricut® Tie the Knot cartridge, Cardstock: black Placemats Napkins
Cartridge Cuts: Elegant Cakes cartridge 3 ¼” first letter of last name, 1 ¾” first letter of first names, Tie the Knot cartridge 1″ plus sign
- Cut all images from black cardstock.
- Follow instructions in Yudu® user manual to expose images on the screen. Arrange images as shown.
- Screen-print first letter of last name onto placemats. Let dry. Heat set placemats.
- Screen-print first letter of first names and plus sign onto napkins. Let dry. Heat set napkins.
Wedding Guest Book Create the perfect guest book for your wedding!
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 45 minutes
Materials: YourStory® Book Binder and Laminator, YourStory® 8″ x 8″ Album Cover, White Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter, Cricut® Tie the Knot cartridge Cricut®, Elegant Edges cartridge, Cricut Cake® Elegant Cakes cartridge, Doodlebug Serenade Lily White Paper, Paper Studio Classics Paper Pack Cardstock: red, black, 5 small flat pearls, Tulle: white, Paper trimmer, Adhesive Cartridge Cuts: Tie the Knot cartridge: 1 ¼” plus sign Elegant Cakes cartridge: two 1 ¾” letters of choice, 1 ¼” Guests, ¾” date of wedding Elegant Edges cartridge: 1 ¾” swirl border
- Cut one 7 ½” x 8″ block of red cardstock. Cut one 6″ x 7.8″ block of Lily White paper. Cut one 7.8″ x 1 ½” block of black swirl paper. Layer and adhere to album cover as shown.
- Cut swirl border. Embellish with pearls. Adhere to album cover as shown.
- Cut plus sign and letters. Adhere to album cover as shown.
- Cut Guests. Cut date of wedding. Adhere to album cover as shown.
- Cut ten 8″ x 8″ blocks of black cardstock to create pages. Follow YourStory® machine instructions to bind pages inside album cover.