National Craft Month: Send a “You’re Tweet” Card to Someone Special
March is National Craft month and I’m so excited that HSN has asked me to guest blog and share some of my favorite Provo Craft products and project ideas with you.
With springtime fast approaching I’m feeling motivated and ready to take on some new projects. So it’s perfect timing for me to share Yudu CardShop with you. This new creative tool debuted on HSN last month and has been such a great addition to our creativity rooms at Provo Craft.
This is such a fun new tool. It is an entirely new way to get creative with card making; but the possibilities don’t stop with cards. Because this machine is so easy to use and works with water-based inks that heat set beautifully in fabric, I’m finding unlimited possibilities to the projects I can create. Yudu Cardshop ink works with paper, fabric, ribbon, canvas, and so much more. Screen-printing is traditionally such a time-intensive art but with Yudu CardShop and pre-made screens, it’s so easy and adds a unique texture to your projects.
I’ve created a fun and very easy card for you to re-create using the instructions and supply list below. I think what will really make this card stand out is how unique the cute little bird design looks printed on fabric! After you do this project you will see how beautifully the images on the screens translate to fabric as well as paper. And while you’re at it, try screening on other materials such as chipboard, canvas, cork, glass, metal and plastic. Have fun and start something new to celebrate the spring!
If you get a chance, tune in to HSN on March 1 at 6pm EST to see Yudu CardShop in action!
P.S. You’ll find a great Yudu CardShop bundle available right here on HSN with everything you need to get started. And if you are really serious about screen-printing, don’t forget to pick up additional supplies like more screens and different colors of ink!
You’re Tweet Card
Remind a loved one how much you care with this beautiful card!
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
Yudu CardShop™ Personal Card Screen-Printer
Yudu CardShop™ Screen, Tweet
Yudu® Ink, Black
Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter
Cricut® Plantin SchoolBook cartridge
Cardstock: white, black, black and white patterned
Ribbon: sheer white, white zigzag
White flower embellishment
5 clear jewel brads
- Cut one 4″ x 4 ½” block of white material. Use Yudu CardShop machine, Tweet screen, and black ink to screen-print bird in center of block. Set aside to dry.
- Cut tag. Using Plantin SchoolBook cartridge and white cardstock, cut one 3″ <tag1>. Repeat cut using black cardstock and Shadow feature. Use Yudu CardShop machine, Tweet screen, and black ink to screen-print you’re tweet on white tag. Set aside to dry. Layer tag together using foam squares.
- Cut one 6 ½” x 10″ block of white cardstock. Fold in half to create card base. Cut one 6 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ block of black and white patterned cardstock. Adhere to card.
- Cut one 6 ¼” x 5 ¾” block of black cardstock. Adhere bird to left side of block. Secure in place with four jewel brads. Adhere white zigzag ribbon to right side of block, securing on the back. Adhere to card as shown using foam squares.
- Tie tag to top of zigzag with sheer white ribbon. Attach remaining brad to flower embellishment. Add flower embellishment to center of bow.
More from Provo Craft:
More from Provo Craft: