National Craft Month: “Goodnight Moon” Room Decor for Your Little One
Spring is always the time for new beginnings. As I drive around Utah I’m starting to see all the new life around me, the trees are blossoming, tulip buds are starting to appear, but the sweetest sight of all are the little baby animals I see in the fields, lambs, ponies, calves, so sweet. It’s not just the animals either! There are many friends and family members expecting little ones in the next few weeks, and I need to get busy making some gifts for the baby showers.
A friend of mine is expecting a little boy, and the theme of the baby’s room is centered around all the famous nursery rhymes. Lucky for me I can cut Vinyl material with my Cricut Create machine, enabling me to design a one-of-a-kind gift that can be hung in the baby’s nursery, and coordinate with the colors and images in the room.
Because the Cricut Create machine has many different, easy to use features, layering my vinyl images can be done in a snap. I have to warn you… once you start making projects out of vinyl with your Cricut, you are going to be hooked. The results always look so professional. You can start cutting vinyl quotes to decorate the walls of your home, or use the vinyl for cute seasonal window clings. Give it a try, you will love the results.
This adorable frame is perfect for a child’s room or baby’s nursery
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 20 minutes
Cricut Create® Personal Electronic Cutter
Cricut® Campin’ Critters cartridge
Vinyl: dark blue, light blue, cream, yellow
Craft colored cardstock
6″ x 6″ Frame with 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ opening
Ribbon: blue patterned
2 sheets 12 x 12 patterned paper
*WHEN CUTTING VINYL YOU MUST HAVE YOUR BLADE DEPTH ON THE NUMBER 3 OR 4, AND THE PRESSURE ON MEDUIM
1) Cut moon. Using Campin’ Critters cartridge and dark blue vinyl, cut one 3 ¾” <Moon>.
2) Using yellow vinyl, leave the size at 3 ¾ and select the <Moon> image again, also select Layer 1 feature, and cut.
3) Using yellow vinyl, select the moon image again, also press Shift and cut one 3 ¾” <Moon-s>. Repeat cut by using light blue vinyl, selecting the <Moon> image and also selecting the Layer 1 feature. Repeat cut using cream vinyl, selecting the <Moon> image and also selecting the Layer 2 feature. Layer all vinyl cuts together. Embellish with jewel.
4) Cut one 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ block of kraft cardstock. Adhere moon to block. Use letter stickers to spell goodnite as shown. Place block in frame.
5) Take chosen patterned paper and glue to outside of the frame. Trim all excess paper from around the edges of the frame.
6) Tie ribbon around frame as shown.
More from Provo Craft: