Kim Schlapman’s Crazy Daisy Squares are easy to make and take just 15 minutes to put together. The graham cracker crumbs and sweetened condensed milk magically come together to make an ooey-gooey bottom layer.
Typically known as Hello Dolly Bars or Magic Bars, Kim re-named this sweet treat after her daughter, Daisy, who influences the name of her brand, Love and Daisies! Daisy loves to lend a hand making these simple chocolate and butterscotch treats.
No matter what you call them, these gooey, sweet treats combine all the good stuff: shredded coconut, both butterscotch and chocolate chips, pecans, with that graham cracker base – what could be better?!
Crazy Daisy Squares
From Kimberly Schlapman’s Cookbook: Oh Gussie!
Yield: 9 squares
- Cooking spray
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch baking chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 ̊F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of the dish.
- Combine the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, and pecans in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the crumb bottom. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the morsels and bake until the coconut is browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Cut into squares.