Learn the Tricks of the Trade from Jewelry Expert Carol Brodie
Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but colored gemstones are quickly leading most women to a new hue…
This holiday season, more than ever, the basic black dress and pantsuit have some major competition, and gem tones are the favorite. Holiday clothing in luscious shades of lemon yellow, garnet red, purple amethyst, hot pink, sky blue and rich chocolate brown look as fresh as just baked holiday cookies.
With jeweled-tone outfits, I love two looks: either a kaleidoscope of color or a tonal matching hue. So no matter what you wear this season, I have created bright, bold sparkling gems and jewels that will accent your wardrobe, add brilliance and sparkle to any occasion and definitely put a smile on your face. Here are my trends and the inspiration for Rarities 2010 Holiday Collection:
Color, Color and More Color
All I will wear this season is sparkle and shine from the most gorgeous colors of gemstone jewelry. I created the ultimate classic gemstone and diamond stud earrings in London blue topaz, red garnet, lemon yellow, purple amethyst and barely-there green prasiolite to add a colorful twist to the basic diamond stud. This is probably the best gift you will ever give or receive. » Shop earrings from Rarities: Fine Jewelry
There is nothing more chic than jewels that are as beautiful as they are inspirational. One must always wear an evil eye for sophistication, protection and balance. Many believe it helps ward off jealousy from others and creates a protective shield against you. You can also wear evil eye jewelry to save yourself from negative energies, such as anger, hatred, fear and other such energies that can affect your health and fortune.
Who does not think of lady-like glamour when they think of pearls? Rarities take traditional pearls to the next level with my very first designs featuring Golden South Sea Pearls. Look for my 13mm Golden South Sea Pearl Necklace on five strands of liquid silver and the coordinating earrings on a diamond wire. I am dreaming of Tahiti as I write this… » Shop necklaces from Rarites: Fine Jewelry
One can never have enough talismans, so my holiday collection is filled with hearts and crosses; which make the very best holiday heirloom gifts.
As any Rarities connoisseur knows, big, bold and empowering defines my personal style. So this collection is filled with bold rings, layering necklaces, pendants, earrings and bracelets to help you dazzle, sparkle and celebrate the most wonderful time of the year!
Wishing your holiday season is filled with mistletoe, love, peace, passion, family, friends, good health and RARITES!
Lots of love,
More from Rarities: Fine Jewelry from Carol Brodie:
P.S. Here are my fail-proof holiday tips to get you through any jewelry pinch:
- Safety pins from my dry cleaning are the best fix. They are tiny and work great in a pinch if a clasp is broken. The safety pin is also great for getting out knots in a chain.
- Necklace too long and you need a 15 inch choker to complete your holiday look? Use the safety pin to shorten to your preferred length.
- Gold foil from a champagne cap is great in a pinch if a ring is too big. Wrap foil around band like I did for celebrities who lost weight before award shows, and their borrowed rings were too big for their finger.
- Desperate to wear a pierced omega back earring and your hole closed or you don’t have pierced ears? Clip-off the post–it can always be professionally put back on.
- Lost your favorite earring? Put the other on a chain and wear it as a necklace.
- Need a short pearl necklace for a 50’s look and you only have a long strand? Gently twist the necklace and add a use a brooch to secure the two ends. Wear the brooch in the middle for a more modern style or on the collarbone for a glamorous look.
Check out Carol Brodie’s recent interview on Fashion BS Radio
Rarities featured on Madison Avenue Spy blog
Carol Brodie Fashion Profile on Crain’s New York Business
Gift Pick on NY Spender Blog
Featured on QUESTION(NY)AIRE Blog