Happy Valentine’s Day! Giving Friends & Family Our Hearts
Hi Sewing Friends,
Thank you all so much for your enthusiastic reception of our January Today’s Special, the new Singer 160th Anniversary Special Edition machine! Our sewing day was a huge success and your support made all the difference. We especially appreciated your phone calls and testimonials. Thanks again!
Happy Valentine’s Day! This is one of my favorite holidays because we get to show our affection to family and friends by giving them our hearts, tucked inside a greeting card. There’s still time to make a bundle of these cute, embroidered novelty magnets with names, cartoons or icons. Whether they land on a file cabinet or refrigerator, they’ll remind your sweetheart how much you care!
DECORATIVE EMBROIDERED MAGNETS
- Embroidered designs – I used clip art and Singer XL-400 AutoPunch software to digitize on tear-away stabilizer
- Felt to embroider on – no shreds or frays when you trim
- Large magnet sheet – available at your local craft store
- Industrial strength fabric and craft glue, such as E-6000
- Small, sharp, precise craft scissors
- Carefully trim around embroidered designs, being careful not to cut any threads
- With embroidery design facing up, trace the embroidery design outline on the front (white) side of the magnet sheet
- Cut the magnet sheet along the traced outline
- Glue the embroidered design to the front of the cut-out magnet
- Press design firmly. You may place a heavy book on top and let completely dry
*TIP: Conserve your stabilizer! If you transmit your blocks one at a time, you can make fabric changes without having to use another sheet of stabilizer. You can also fit multiple designs in one hoop. 6″ x 10″ is a LOT of room!
DARLENE’S TOP TEN REASONS WE SEW!
- Because our mothers & grandmothers taught us
- Define our personal style
- Express our creativity
- Set a mood or atmosphere
- Acquire a sense of satisfaction
- Save money and time
- Turn a house into a home
- Provide a feeling of accomplishment
- We enjoy puzzles and challenges, problem solving and thinking things through!
- Build confidence
…Why do we sew? Because we can! And YOU can too!
Following are my ‘Cheat Sheets” for the Flower Foot attachment that was included with the Singer Anniversary Edition 160 sewing machine. The L , M, R stand for Left, Middle and Right position, which determines the size of your flowers. The next settings are stitch selection and width. Feed Dogs are down, so there is no length adjustment. The flowers on the right are the results of the settings. Now you can make a garden just in time for Spring! Enjoy!
WHEN TO WATCH
- March 2nd at 10 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- March 3rd at 4 a.m. & 2 p.m.