Great Escapes: Travel In Style!
Have you been bitten by the travel bug this winter? I know I have! If you’re planning to escape over the next couple of months, I’ve put together some great outfits to help us travel in style! Gem hunting in the Tucson, second-lining in New Orleans, and hitting the slopes in the Rockies are all on my calendar – here are some fun and fashionable outfits I’ve put together for upcoming winter escapes…
Gem Hunting in Tucson
Gem hunting in Tucson can fall into two separate categories: Actually chiseling gems out of the rough, or strolling down the aisles of exquisite gems offered at the annual Tucson gem shows. Whichever party you fall into, here is just the thing to wear:
- DG2 Safari Drawstring Shirt Dress – This dress is what you will need to take you from day to night – gem mines to gem shows. One of the best features of this dress is the drawstring waist which can be cinched in to show off those curves, or let out, because, hey, this is still a vacation!
- Rhonda Shear “Smooth Tootsie” Seamless Shaping Leggings – If leggings are a staple item when traveling, then shaping leggings are an absolute must! These leggings look fab under the DG2 shirtdress and with any tunics or trench coats that you may also be packing.
- Clever Carriage Company Cortona Leather Scarf with Fringe – Channel your Louis and Clark attitude with this stunning leather scarf. The fringe details look like you just stepped off the runway, yet the cognac leather and classic western style will guarantee that you will blend in with the locals.
- Naya “Gazelle” Leather Belted Tall-Shaft Boot – These Naya boots are perfect for your expedition; their on trend style, mixed with their vintage leather appeal will have you stylishy (and comfortably) stomping all through Tucson on your gem quest!
- Vince Camuto Classic Aviator Sunglasses – Protect your eyes from the shine of the sun and the sparkle of the gems with these chic, yet “borrowed from the boys” sunglasses.
- Musé by Gypsy “Turquoise Coast” Bronze Cuff Bracelet - There is no other stone more indigenous to Arizona than turquoise, so what better way to dress the part than with a cuff made of gorgeous turquoise beads and bronze?
- Musé by Gypsy “Bosphorous Chic” Turquoise and Freshwater Pearl Earrings – You’ll need to don your ears with something gorgeous while you listen to the best spots to find your treasure, and turquoise and pearls make these the perfect pair!
- Bobble 4-pack 18.5 oz. Filtering Water Bottles – The dry climate of Arizona could leave a camel thirsty. Keep yourself beautiful and stay hydrated with water. The best thing about these water bottles is the fact that it filters your water on the go, so the only worries that you will have, is where to find the next new gem!
City Style: Explore New Orleans!
Traveling through the French Quarter? Check. Dining at some spectacular restaurants? Check. Capturing the wild times of Mardi Gras? We’ve got you covered!
- Colleen Lopez “That’s so French” Ruffle Poncho Sweater – This poncho is c’est magnifique for exploring the many treasures of the city. The assymetrical cut of this poncho, plus the diagonal ruffle detail give you a slim look – even after stopping for a beignet or two!
- Twiggy LONDON Long-Sleeve Turtleneck – Maybe you are going for an all out French look, or just a mysterious sophisticate, this turtleneck will take you through it all! We like to wear it on its own, or under the Colleen Lopez poncho!
- Serena Williams Ponte Knit Back-Zip Leggings – We love the fact that the ponte fabric of these leggings give them a more substantial look and are just the item to wear shopping about town, or adding heels and popping in one of Emeril’s restaurants!
- BCBGeneration “Indie Stretch” Leather tall Mixed Media Boot – If you are planning on doing some “second lining” through the streets, then you want to be taking in every moment! Don’t let uncomfortable shoes get the best of you. This boots ultimately ensure that you are on trend and comfortable through the day and night!
- ROBERT VERDI “Cindy” Vented Textured Metal Sunglasses – The glasses are perfect for keeping with the spirit of the New Orlean’s Saints.
- “Phoebe” Sterling Silver Marcasite Medium Inside-Outside Hoop Earrings - We love the vintage appeal of these marcasite hoops. Because of their classic style and glamourous appeal, they are the only pair of earrings you will need on this vacation.
- CL by Design Bold Marcasite “Flower” Sterling Silver Ring – This statement ring is just what you need to fit in with the natives! All things outrageous are welcome in New Orleans, and this ring has got all the jaw dropping appeal that is indicative of the region!
Skinning in the Rockies
Hey Ski Bunny! Its time to hit the slopes and while you may be cruising downhill, I’ll help you make sure that your fashion doesn’t do the same!
- Sporto Water-Resistant Quilted Jacket - With it’s drawstring waist and water-resistant material, this jacket fuses style and sensibility!
- A by Adrienne Landau Cascading-Front Cardigan with Faux Fur Trim – After a day outdoors, imagine yourself cozying up next to the fire with your loved ones in this glamourous faux fur trimmed cardigan.
- Serena Williams Ponte Knit Back-Zip Leggings – Theses form-fitting leggings are perfect for tucking into your ski boots, plus they are thick enough to keep you warm in the snowy weather.
- Sporto Waterproof Quilted Zip Boot – Pay no worry to the possibility of wet, cold feet. We especially love pairing these with our quilted jacket!
- A by Adrienne Landau Faux Fur Earmuff and Cowl Neck Set – This face framing set will show off your beautiful rosy flush after a ski.
- Hot in Hollywood “Joan” Faux Fur Gloves – Don’t stop now; complete your fur look with these decadent gloves!
- Thermos Nissan 61 oz. Stainless Steel Bottle with Folding Handle – Keep your favorite winter libations warm in this sleek thermos.
No matter where your travels may take you, travel in style and have a safe trip!