Cricut Expression Summer Memory Project from Jinger Adams
Hello Friends, Jinger here. Don’t you all just love summer? I am really enjoying it this year. I have been eating my share of ice cream and attending as many B-B-Q’s as I possibly can. I want to give you all a challenge this month, and I’ve created a cute scrapbook page that will hopefully inspire you.
Snap a picture of someone in your family eating an ice cream, lounging in the sunshine or enjoying themselves at a family reunion, and then take that picture, pull out your Cricut Expression machine and re-create this page. Don’t forget to write all about the fun things you and your family have done during the summer of 2011. I promise you will really love looking back at this page when January rolls around!
Happy Summer Layout
Capture the warm colors of summer with this whimsical layout!
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 1 hour
Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter
Cricut® Simply Charmed cartridge
My Mind’s Eye Bloom and Grow Collection
The Paper Studio The Classics Paper Pack
The Paper Studio The Basics Paper Pack
American Crafts Craft Fair Collection
My Mind’s Eye Free Bird Collection
Basic Grey Sphere Paper
Cardstock: pink, light pink, yellow, orange, teal, dark teal, green, light green, tan, brown, red, black
Black letter stickers
1. Use one 12″ x 12″ sheet of light green cardstock as layout base.
2. Cut one 5 ½” x 7 ½” block of patterned paper. Cut one 1 ¼” x 8 ¾” strip of patterned paper. Cut one 1″ x 7 ½” strip of patterned paper. Cut one 1 ¼” x 5 ¾” strip of patterned paper. Adhere to layout as shown.
3. Cut photo blocks. Cut one 6 ½” x 4 ¼” block of patterned paper. Mat onto a slightly larger piece of yellow cardstock. Adhere to layout as shown. Cut one 3″ x 3 ½” block of pink cardstock. Adhere to layout as shown.
4. Cut sun, popsicle, strawberry, and hamburger. Layer together using foam squares and adhesive. Adhere to layout as shown using foam squares.
5. Cut summer. Back the smiley face in the u with black cardstock. Adhere to layout as shown. Spell out happy above summer using letter stickers.
6. Cut circles. Using different colors of patterned paper and cardstock, select Real Dial Size, select Layer 1 feature, and cut nine 1″ <sun2>. Fold circles in half and secure on string. Adhere to layout as shown using foam squares.