Create a Handmade Father’s Day Card with Provo Craft
Jinger here. I just realized that Father’s Day is right around the corner, and I should really start thinking about what I should do for my Dad. Of course I will probably give him a new tie, or power tool, and take him to his favorite restaurant, but I always try and make him a handmade card, a little something that comes straight from my heart.
Using your Cricut and Gypsy to make cards for special occasions has never been easier, and with over 250 Cartridges, finding just the right image or sentiment for my card is a snap. I hope this Father’s Day card project will help inspire you.
Recipe books make for great gift ideas. And remember, you don’t have to stop at recipe books. You can create any kind of book you would like to such as; baby brag books, graduation books, wedding guest books, wedding picture books, vacation books, birthday books, scrapbook albums, holiday books, book reports and so much more.
#1 Dad Card
Show your father how much you love him with this card!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cricut® Personal Electronic Cutter
Gypsy® Handheld Design Studio for Cricut®
Cricut® Gypsy Font cartridge
Cricut® Gypsy Wanderings cartridge
7 Gypsies Venice Collection
Cardstock: orange, dark brown, brown corrugated
Ribbon: dark brown
5 Silver studs
1. Cut one 6″ x 12″ block of orange cardstock. Fold in half to create card base. Cut blocks of various cardstock and papers for card front.
2. Weld #1 and DAD together before cutting
3. Hide the inside cuts on the diamonds before cutting.
4. Ink edges of all pieces. Embellish pieces with studs, ribbon, and jute as shown.
5. Assemble card as shown using foam squares, glue dots, and adhesive.