Crafting with Jinger: Invite Your Friends Over for Movie with this Adorable Card
Who doesn’t love a good movie? I think there is nothing better than sitting down with some good friends, and yummy snacks, to watch a new movie that has just come out. Recently I invited some friends and family over to my home for a movie party and I wanted to the invitation that I sent out to be something that would catch their eye. The only problem… I didn’t have a lot of time to make invitations.
Luckily I was able to quickly pull out my Cricut machine, cut about a dozen adorable popcorn images out, and pop them on my invite. The result was perfect, and I added a bag of popcorn to the invitation to really wet their appetite. If you have an event coming up that you need a fast idea for, try this, and really impress your guests!
This fun card is perfect as a party invitation!
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
Cricut® Personal Electronic Cutter
Cricut® County Fair cartridge
Cardstock: white, dark blue, dark blue dotted, yellow, red, plaid
County Fair cartridge
4″ popcorn bucket
1. Cut one 11″ x 5 ½” block of dark blue cardstock. Fold block at 2 ¾” on left and right to create card base.
2. Cut one 4″ x 12″ block of red cardstock. Cut one 2 ½” x 12″ block of plaid cardstock. Layer together. Fold around card to create band. Secure ends so band can slip on and off card.
3. Cut one 3 ½” x 4″ block of white cardstock. Cut one 3 ¼” x 3 ¾” block of dark blue dotted cardstock. Layer together using foam squares. Adhere to band as shown.
4. Cut popcorn bucket. Layer and adhere to band as shown using foam squares. Write Party on bucket as shown.
5. Write or print party details inside card. Place microwave popcorn in card. Slip band around card.