Crafting with Jinger: Happy Day Birthday Card with New Cricut Expression 2
I love sending a handmade card to friends and family. It relays more of a personal touch in this crazy world of emails and instant communication. Creating unique cards is a snap when I use my Cricut Expression 2 machine. Each cartridge has hundreds of images and fonts that when mixed and matched will create beautiful cards every time.
So don’t hold back, snail mail is still in. Let’s not forget that personal touch, and send someone you love a card today, and have fun while you create it, using your Cricut!
Happy Day Birthday Card
Make someone smile with this lovely card!
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 30 minutes
Cricut Expression® 2 Personal Electronic Cutter
Cricut® Art Nouveau cartridge
House of 3 Pink Paislee Soiree Collection
Recollections Mom’s Diner Collection
Cardstock: black, cream, white glitter, black glitter, yellow polka dot
Craft flowers: 1 large white, 1 medium white, 1 small yellow
Pearl: 1 yellow
Art Nouveau cartridge
1″ HAPPY and shadow
1. Cut one 6″ x 12″ block of black cardstock. Fold in half to create card base. Cut one 5 ¾” x 5 ¾” block of House of 3 Pink Paislee Soiree Collection paper. Adhere to card front.
2. Cut one 5″ x 3″ block of Recollections Mom’s Diner Collection paper. Round right hand corners. Adhere to card as shown.
3. Cut bee. Layer together using adhesive and foam squares. Adhere to card as shown.
4. Cut HAPPY and DAY. Adhere to card as shown.
5. Cut white flowers in half. Layer and adhere to card as shown. Adhere yellow flower to card as shown. Embellish with pearl.