Crafting with Jinger: Easy and Festive Summer Centerpiece
One thing that I love to do during the summer months is entertain! I’m always looking for clever ways to create unique centerpieces for my parties. The month of July is always full of events and family gatherings. I like to carry the red, white and blue theme of the 4th of July throughout everything I do the entire month, giving all my décor a very festive and summery look and feel.
This project was made as an easy and eye-catching centerpiece that you can use for the entire month of July. Whether it’s a BBQ or a pool party, this cute little bucket of color will brighten any table or counter it’s placed on!
Happy 4th Centerpiece
Create a colorful table decoration for your Independence Day celebration!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Time: 2 hours
Cricut ® Personal Electronic Cutter
Cricut® George and Basic Shapes® cartridge
Cricut® County Fair cartridge
The Paper Studio The Basics Paper Pack Red Gingham and Red Stripe
Doodlebug Designs Lily White Chenille Crushed Velvet Cardstock
Die Cuts With a View Juniper Stars on Cream Paper
Bo Bunny Slate Dot Paper
Wilton Patriotic Foil Pix
Cardstock: white, white glitter, red, red glitter, light blue, light blue glitter, silver glitter
Paper doilies: 1 white, 2 silver
Ribbon: blue with white dots
Rhinestones: 3 blue, 3 silver
Floral foam: green
Paint: light blue
County Fair cartridge
2 ¼” All American
George and Basic Shapes® cartridge
two 3 ½” stars
2 ¾” circle
4 ½” star and silhouette
2 ¾” heart
1 ¼” star
2 ½” circle
3 ¼” star
1 ¼” star
2 ½” circle
4 ¼” quadrilateral
4 ½” quadrilateral shadow
4 ¼” star
3 ½” star
1 ¼” Happy!
1 ¾” 4
- Create rosette. Cut three 6″ x 12″ blocks of red paper. Accordion fold each piece. Fold pieces in half. Adhere together as shown using glue gun.
- Create rosette. Cut three 4″ x 6″ blocks of Die Cuts With a View Juniper Stars on Cream Paper. Accordion fold each piece. Fold pieces in half. Adhere together as shown using glue gun.
- Create rosette. Cut four 5 ½” x 6″ blocks of white cardstock. Accordion fold each piece. Fold pieces in half. Adhere together as shown using glue gun. Ink edges.
- Cut All American. Layer together. Adhere to white doily. Adhere to red rosette.
- Cut 3 ½” stars and one shadow. Cut 2 ¾” circle. Cut off top and bottom of red striped star on a diagonal and adhere to dotted star. Adhere to shadow. Adhere to circle. Adhere to blue rosette. Embellish with rhinestones and tulle as shown.
- Cut 4 ½” star and silhouette. Cut 2″ star. Layer together and adhere to silver doily. Adhere to white rosette. Embellish with button as shown.
- Cut 2 ¾” heart and shadow. Layer together. Cut one 1 ¼” star and shadow. Layer together. Adhere star to heart using foam squares. Cut 2 ½” circle and shadow. Layer together. Adhere heart to circle using foam squares.
- Cut 3 ¼” star and shadow. Layer together. Cut 1 ¼” star and adhere to larger star. Cut 2 ½” circle and shadow. Layer together. Adhere star to circle using foam squares.
- Cut quadrilateral and shadow. Layer together. Cut one 4 ¼” and 3 ½” star. Adhere to quadrilateral. Adhere silver doily as shown, cutting off excess. Cut Happy 4th! and shadows. Adhere to quadrilateral as shown. Embellish with silver rhinestones.
- Adhere ribbon around bucket. Adhere quadrilateral to bucket using hot glue. Place floral foam inside bucket and top with confetti paper.
- Paint skewers. Adhere rosettes and circles to skewers. Embellish with tulle and ribbon. Arrange skewers in bucket. Top with foil.