Crafting with Jinger: Back-to-School Notebook
Summer is over and it’s that time of year again…Back to School. There is so much to do to get the kids ready and organized to start another year, and I’ll be honest, sometimes it is a little overwhelming. This year I got the family off to a good start by using my YourStory book binding system to create personalized notebooks for each child. By having the children help me create their notebooks; it really got them excited to start their classes. These books will also keep them organized, with all their notes easily found in one place.
Class Notes Binder
Get your child ready for the new school year with this fun notebook!
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 1 hour
YourStory® Book Binder and Laminator
YourStory® 11″ x 8.5″ Album Cover, Black
Cricut® Personal Electronic Cutter
Cricut® Plantin SchoolBook cartridge
Cricut® Elegant Edges cartridge
Cricut® Locker Talk cartridge
Cricut® Cricut Classic Font cartridge
House of Three Pink Paislee Collage Collection
3 Birds Garden Party Collection
The Paper Studio The Classics Paper Pack
Cardstock: red, white, brown
Needle and black thread
Sheet of thin corkboard
Ribbon: ruler patterned
Letter stickers: black
Brads: 2 yellow
Elegant Edges cartridge
2 ¼” border
Cricut Classic Font cartridge
1 ¼” class
Locker Talk cartridge
4″ stack of books
Plantin SchoolBook cartridge
three 3 ¼” apples
four 2 ½” apples
1. Cut one 8 ½” x 11″ block of 3 Birds Garden Party Collection paper. Cut one 1 ½” x 11″ strip of The Paper Studio The Classics Paper Pack paper. Layer together, but do not adhere to album.
2. Cut one 11″ strip of ribbon. Adhere to cover.
3. Cut border from House of Three Pink Paislee Collage Collection paper. Adhere to cover as shown.
4. Cut one 3″ x 4 ½” block of corkboard. Attach to cover using brads.
5. Cut class from House of Three Pink Paislee Collage Collection paper. Adhere to corkboard as shown. Use letter stickers to spell notes on corkboard as shown.
6. Cut stack of books from House of Three Pink Paislee Collage Collection paper. Cut off bottom book. Layer together. Adhere to cover.
7. Cut large apples from red, brown, and House of Three Pink Paislee Collage Collection paper. Cut and layer pieces as shown. Cut smaller apples from notebook paper. Cut off stems and layer on larger apple. Sew to larger apple using black thread. Adhere to cover.
8. Adhere cover to album. Place notebook paper inside album and bind using YourStory® machine.