Choosing the Right Hairstyle for You on Your Wedding Day
The buzz in my salons right now is all about wedding hair. You likely know a bride-to-be getting ready for her big day. For a bride, her hair is so important and it’s essential to plan in advance. I want to break down for you everything a bride needs to know to make sure her hair is just right!
Choosing your hairstyle
The hair style is really key to the bride feeling beautiful and confident. The bride should look through magazines to get ideas and schedule an appointment to discuss the different options with her hair stylist.
The hair style and the dress work together, so it’s a must that the bride knows what over-all look she wants to achieve. If she already has a dress picked out even better! Be sure to bring the photo with you for your consultation.
Here’s my top tip when choosing your hairstyle: go for the classic, timeless look. A bride should never be too trendy because what’s in now will be out of style later. Less is more when it comes to accessories and styles. Your dress is amazing, you look amazing, and you don’t want to take away from that.
Here are some of my favorite looks:
For a beach bride, natural, cascading waves is the best way to go, and my Mineral Spray will give you the amazing style!
Short and Chic
If you have short hair, keep it classic and chic. You don’t want to flatten it out too much. The product that you use is very important because you don’t want to use a hard gel. It should be feminine and soft. My Smooth Fix is a finishing spray that gives the hair a beautiful shine.
Clean and Classic
When you want to keep it classic and traditional, a soft updo, like a clean chignon is what I recommend. Classic in the front and slightly textured in the back.
Your hair routine prior to the big day
- Several months prior, be sure you’re using the right products to help strengthen and repair your hair. My new Keratin Rx is the perfect daily treatment to get your hair in shape.Formulated with cashmere and pearl extract, it’s the ultimate luxury.
- If you have short hair consider whether or not you want to grow it out for your wedding so that you have options for hairstyles. Talking to your stylist about extensions is always a possibility as well!
- You want to schedule several appointments with different hair stylists to get opinions. You should have a couple trial runs so that you know exactly what the final result will be.
- Make sure you book the hairdresser 6 weeks to 2 months prior to your wedding day!
- Your last cut and color should be 2 weeks prior so that there is time for it to settle.
- Wash and condition your hair 1 day before your wedding, not on the actual day. This is important because you don’t want your hair too clean. Texture is key to hold the style.
For wedding hair, the #1 must-have product is Smooth Fix. It is genius in that it adds a weightless mist of shine and gives you a polished, glamorous finish.
More from Sally Hershberger on hsn.com:
Known for her trendsetting vision and extraordinary skill, Sally Hershberger is one of the most influential and sought-after hairstylists across the globe. As the first female hairstylist whose talent and business acumen enabled her to reach celebrity status, Sally is a personal favorite of directors and celebrities alike and is equally in demand in the world of fashion. In addition to her work with top celebrities and photographers, Sally travels coast-to-coast to work with personal clients in her New York and Los Angeles Salons and in 2008 created her self-titled hair care line, Sally Hershberger. The ultimate in luxury hair care without the price tag to match, all products undergo testing by Sally herself at her eponymous New York City salon to ensure high-quality, high performance formulations at a price everyone can afford.