Carol Brodie’s Style Tips – Look Cool with Summer’s Hottest Jewelry
Style Tips – Look Cool with Summer’s Hottest Jewelry
1. Summer is all about celebrating natural elements and inspirations. I love to pile on turquoise, seashells and anything that makes me feel cool even on the balmiest of summer days and nights.
2. When you are showing glistening skin, make your arms shine in summer’s best cuffs and bracelets. Pile them on for a super summer chic look.
4. I love big, bold rings paired with goddess golden skin and topped with a perfect French manicure.
5. Choose your jewelry according to your color palette. There is nothing cleaner or fresher than white!
6. Talismans and symbols shine even more brightly in summer when they glisten against bare skin.
Expert Advice – Caring for Your Fabulous Finds
1. Start with a clean damp cloth for your more absorbant or opaque gems and materials like wood.
2. For lapis, malachite, turquoise, opal, amber, coral, jade and pearls, wipe clean and dry. Do not ever soak in water, chemicals for steamers.
3. For diamonds and other sparkling gems set in silver or gold, create a jewelry bath of 1 part ammonia, 1 part dishwashing liquid and 2 parts warm water. Put the mixture in a bowl and let your jewelry soak for 10-15 minutes. Use a soft toothbrush to gently wipe away dirt and rinse in a bowl of cool water. Pat dry with a soft cloth.
4. Store your jewelry in separate bags, pouches or compartments to avoid scratching and damage.
Celebrate yourself and summer by choosing jewelry that helps you to create your own signature style. My summer style is all about jewelry…big, bold, layered, piled and uber-glamorous.
More from Rarities: Fine Jewelry from Carol Brodie:
Carol Brodie and Rarities featured on Page Daily, in O Magazine & on CNN.com :