A First-Timer’s Guide to Self-Tanning with TanTowel P.S. It’s Super Easy!
Are you anxious for spring? Get a jump-start on your natural-looking tan without having to climb into one of those awful tanning beds! We met with Kim from TanTowel this week, and she walked us through the very simple application of her fabulous self-tanner formula! We even got one of our beauty gals, Gina, to test it out!
Gina has fair skin and was a little hesitant at first, but after only a couple of applications, she perfected her sun-kissed glow with confidence!
Using TanTowel is quick and easy, but because it was Gina’s first time applying, Kim walked her through these easy-to-do steps:
Please don’t let the list-y steps scare you, we’re just detail freaks :)
- Cleanse and exfoliate your body to make sure all those dead skin cells are off. Make sure you are using a water-based exfoliator vs. an oil-based exfoliator so that the oils are not left behind. You want the formula to grab onto your skin. If you are not sure which exfoliator to use, TanTowel has an excellent X-Foliator Kit Item #315839 with a 3-in-1 exfoliator, buffer and moisturizer! If you are tanning your face, make sure it’s clean and without makeup.
- Grab a wet cloth and lay it in front of you so that you can wipe your hands as soon as you are done tanning. If you forget to wash your hands, use the X-Foliator towelette to get your palms clean!
- Grab a self-tanning towelette – each is a pre-measured single application. Half Body towelettes are for your face and neck or arms and legs. Full Body towelettes are for head-to-toe tanning.
- To apply, simply wipe the tanning towelette in a circular, even motion all over your body. Don’t be afraid and don’t hesitate! (You should’ve seen Gina’s face when she realized applying TanTowels didn’t require difficult dance moves!)
- Wait two minutes after application, moisturize your body and then go ahead and get dressed. That’s what’s great about TanTowels – the formula goes on clear, so you don’t have to worry about tanning stains!
- Apply a lot of moisturizer. The more you apply the longer your tanning glow with last!
- Allow 2-4 hours to get maximum color. If you want to go a little darker, apply another TanTowel.
- To maintain your tan, reapply as needed 2 to 3 times per week.
- Enjoy your new fabulous glow!
Simple right? Gina and I were surprised that it was that easy and effortless – I even decided to give it a try! I’m heading on vacation, and I’m using the TanTowels right now to fade away my oh-so-obvious tan lines. And a little secret…these TanTowels smell great!
Don’t over-think it, and just get started. Say goodbye to those trips to the tanning bed, and say, “Hello!” to your very own at-home tanning solution!
On March 7th, we are premiering a great TanTowel 16-piece set as our HSN Today’s Special, so let the tanning shopping begin!
P.S. Check out some before and after photos below!
» Shop all TanTowel products now
- Carla Shah, HSN Beautynista
More from HSN Beautynista: